Friday 29 December 2023

Some games of Blucher

I fought another three games of Blucher in 2023 but seem to have photos only of the first two. They all utilised my new, flat scenery, and were all played against fellow club member, Simon, who kindly introduced me to Blucher.

French vs British

This was very much a fight to take and hold the central, urban objectives. I commanded the British. AFAICR I may have achieved some initial success but was beaten back on my left flank.


 Russian vs Ottoman

This game was loosely based on an historical battle. I took the Russians and attacked uphill turning the Ottoman right flank.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff. Great to see this. After many years of leaving Blucher sitting upon the shelf, I have finally read and started to appreciate the elegance of its design. Time i got it on the table. there is also an ACW variant which appeals, plus , I have been thinking how it might be eminently suitable for larger AWI battles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Sam Mustafa's rule writing is the very essence of elegance, and these rules give an excellent game. The use or cards provides Fog of War and lets you try different armies with no painting overhead.

      Delete