Sunday 1 January 2023

 2023 Plans

RCW Reds: now accommodated
by Xenos Rampant

My intentions for 2023 are so focused that I feel confident enough to call them plans. They are:

(1) To continue with To the Strongest!

I have a number of fully-painted 15mm and 10mm armies which haven't yet been tabled. I also have some individually-based 28mm forces that might be used on sabots, and to facilitate that I recently supplemented my Late Medieval Swiss/Burgundians with another modest eBay purchase.

(2) To play Xenos Rampant (my current obsession) and other Rampant games.

I have three projects which have now become Xenos Rampant projects:

  • 15mm Eurasia vs Oceana Near Future Sci-Fi. Existing figures and vehicles are based and mostly undercoated but I am now adding a few more models. I also have a huge collection of domestic detritus which I had intended to turn into SF industrial scenery. I will hopefully be able to attempt a game early in the new year and am currently working on foamboard storage trays to fit RUBs so the armies can be stored and transported safely.
  • 28mm Irish War of Independence. I actually have completed armies for this, as well as a host of additional unpainted figures which I recently rediscovered.
  • 28mm Russian Civil War. These are based and undercoated.


(3) To play Blucher

I have some ideas for making very flat, light scenery to complement the unit cards. This will make it a handy game to carry about.

Any painting or modelling will be directed into these three areas.

2 comments:

  1. A perfectly ‘do-able’ list of aspirations for the year. Good to see that the Xenos Rampant has got your mojo up to full speed. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm

      Good to see you dropping by. There has been a recent upsurge in my blogging and modelling with gaming to follow, and XR has been mainly, if a little unexpectedly, responsible for that.

      Richard

      Delete