Friday 30 September 2016

Blogger problem - list of favourite blogs disappeared!

A number of 'Gadgets' - including my list of favourite blogs - have suddenly disappeared! No, I wasn't editing the blog at the time...I saw some notice in the browser saying "invalid blog list" or something of the sort, and when I looked at the Layout in Design view the blog list and a number of other list gadgets were simply missing.

The blog is backed up and I have searched the backup but the blog list content does not appear to be included. This means I am going to have to recreate it from scratch. The list was a long one and, regretfully, I can give no guarantee that I will be able to recreate it in its entirety.

My apologies to any or all bloggers whose blogs are missing. Please bear with me while the list is rebuilt. I will start with those blogs kind enough to link to this blog.

UPDATE

It seems that I am not alone and that Google are working on the problem. If you also have this problem, Google your blog's name and click on the little triangle to open a cached copy. You can then save the page.

UPDATE 2

Topic on Blogger Help Forum: Link

UPDATE 3

I'm pleased to note that the Blog List and other list widgets have been restored and sooner than I expected...so thanks, Google, for sorting it out. Despite the glitch, seeing this get fixed does promote my confidence in the Blogger system. 

2 comments:

  1. One has to hope that when Google fit it, that it draws in all the archived data and in effect self repairs the various blogs.

    Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm hoping they can go back to the point before it went wrong. If not, I do at least now have a copy of the page as it was.

      Delete