Saturday 17 February 2018

Goodbye to the Lead Mountain Blues

The Workbench list: now of digestible proportions.
Besides my storage crisis (now eased) another burden was the long list of unfinished projects on this blog's Workbench page. Owing to what I suspect is some bug in Blogger, this page got overwritten and had to be recreated.

This apparent catastrophe was highly fortuitous as it gave me an opportunity to rethink and to relist only the projects currently being pursued or immediately in prospect.  The rest may potentially exist but out of sight is out of mind. The shame of the lead mountain is hidden, and I feel I can return to painting etc with some prospect of progress. So much so that I have  actually added  a new project! That may sound totally mad, but it's inevitable that new projects will leapfrog old ones, and that's perfectly manageable as long as something else is dropped off the list to compensate.

9 comments:

  1. Good idea, I find it all too easy to become 'over-faced' by painting tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's dogged me for years, and with all the other pressures of modern life I'm finding it increasingly necessary and beneficial to knock things back.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how the human mind works! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly perception, but it's also a first stage in getting rid of stuff I'll never complete.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what you are on about..time I buried the lead mountain myself and focussed on just a few achievable things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some issues which seem to be characteristic of wargamers. Taking on too many projects and lead mountains are two of them...

      Delete
  4. Adding a new project seems to be the answer to many of life's crises!

    ReplyDelete