Monday 30 January 2023

Foamboard trays for Really Useful Boxes 2

I thought I'd better photo the completed modular foamboard RUB storage trays described in the last post. All the trays have a 1/4 or 1/6 footprint and are 1/4 or 1/3 of the internal height or multiples thereof. 

 

A 9L RUB with the trays in place.

All the trays without the RUB.

The top layer.

The bottom layer.

For 28mm pikemen and similar I'll add a bottomless collar which can be taken off and will make it easier to fish out the figures.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, I am looking for more efficient ways to use my RUB’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. I didn't mention it but space efficiency is another driver and implicit in the 'design solution'.

      As I probably said before, it's a pity there isn't a RUB intermediate in height between the 4L and 9L types.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I have some of RUB’s own trays, but they really aren’t suitable for everything that I want to use the boxes for. Your trays would really suit my needs and I may well have to copy them.

    Thanks for sharing such an excellent idea.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert

      DIY gives you 100% flexibility but if the Warbases trays are adequate they will probably take less time.

      Best wishes

      Richard

      Delete