Sunday 24 September 2017

Hotz mat for Rommel

Hotz felt mat straight out of the bag. The creases will settle.
I recently received delivery of a Hotz ArtWorks 'Enhanced European Fields' game mat for Rommel. It arrived in the UK from the USA only eight days after ordering - the usual great service and great quality.

It measures 72" x 46" and has 4" hexes arranged 18 x 12. It will serve as a less heavy, less bulky alternative to Hexon for club games. I could have gone for squares but consistency will make it easier to get used to the game and I will be able to use Hexon hills and my planned hex BUAs and hex woods etc.

The 4" hexes are principally for my forthcoming 3mm armies, but my 10mm armies on 30mm wide bases will also fit.

8 comments:

  1. I can see that giving you massive service over a variety of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks great! You never know when you will receive an order from Hotz but glad turn around time was swift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen negative comments but I've ordered at least three things from Hotz and they have all came in a timely fashion...

      Delete
  3. Okay, you've worn me down. I've just purchased Rommel - PDF and book. Looking forward to having a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I noticed it was conspicuous by its absence from your recent review of higher level games...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The fact I chose to import a mat from the USA speaks for itself. There is surely a gap in the market here in the UK for a comprehensive range of mats with with grid and hex patterns in different sizes. But no matter as ordering from Hotz is painless.

      Delete